APPLICATION OF THIS STATEMENT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information, including personal information, in various ways when you use our Site, Applications and Services. As used in this statement, “personal information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, and email address. Information You Provide Us We collect information, including personal information, you provide us voluntarily. For example:
- When you enter in your first and last name, email address, and password when you create an account to access the Services (“Account”) or otherwise enter similar information into forms or surveys on our Site or Applications.
- When you enter information using your Account, including postal address, phone number, fax number, company name and credit card payment information.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information for internal analytics purposes.
Information Collected Via Technology. We automatically collect certain information via technology:
- IP Address, Location and Browser Information. When you visit our Site or use our Applications, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the operating system (“OS”) running on your device, internet protocol address (“IP Address”) (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, language settings of the OS, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use Zeddit’s Site, Applications and Services, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, clicks, change states and other user actions.
- Browser Local Storage: We also store data locally on your device to enhance the user experience on our Site. For example, browser local storage allows us to save the state of your current page so that when you return at a later time or refresh the browser, the page will remain the same. We may also use browser local storage to: (i) save a list of items the user last used on the Site or Services (such as events and properties the user selected) so we can display “recently viewed items”; or (ii) marking once a user has seen a tutorial, video, tooltip or onboarding flow so that the user only sees the content one time.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect information from your mobile device, such as but not exclusively the first time the Application is opened, mobile carrier, the device identifier (or “UDID”), and the type of device that is being used, if you have downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and improve our Services and analytics platform. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Applications and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model and OS version, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications. We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Access and Control of the Information We Collect We recognize an individual’s right to control the type of personal information that is collected about them. Our Customers can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Zeddit retains your personal information while you are a Customer and will delete your personal information upon request. Customers may also send requests for access to your personal information by emailing [email protected] Zeddit will respond to any request to delete Customer personal information within a reasonable timeframe. As discussed in the introduction, this privacy statement does not apply to the end-users tracked by our Customers. If you are a customer of a Zeddit Customer, please contact that Zeddit Customer for access to your personal information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and to develop new ones. This may include collection to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing of your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our Services;
- Improve our Services, Applications, Site and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Zeddit and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of Zeddit;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service, as described under Profiling below; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
User Feedback We often receive feedback and comments about our Services from users of our Services. If we choose to use your feedback on the Site we will request permission to include names of individuals. We may also include a profile picture along with your feedback. If you wish to update or delete your feedback, you can contact us at [email protected] Creation of De-Identified Data We may create de-identified data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this de-identified data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Applications and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use de-identified data for any purpose and disclose de-identified data to third parties in our sole discretion. Profiling When you interact with our Site by completing a form (such as a request for us to contact you, request for information on pricing, or downloading content) we will collect your personal information and analyze your information to build individual profiles. We use third party tools to help us build the profile by providing firmographics: company size and industry for example. These profiles will be used to help us predict future interest in our Services. The profiling is based on your activity on our Site such as what you are reading or downloading and is updated in real-time based on your activity on the Site. Sharing of Information We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- Sign-In and Authentication. When you sign into the Site using your username and password we store an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Storing Information for Purchases on the Site. When you seek to purchase one of our Services plans, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added for purchase.
- Opt-Out Cookie. When you opt-out of tracking on the Site, Zeddit will store a cookie that will block other cookies from being stored.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons we typically set cookies. If you visit one of our sites, the site may set some or all of the following cookies:
- IRB, Insights or MP: These are cookies that are used for Site analytics and operational purposes.
- SESSIONID: Helps to authenticate you when you sign into your Account.
Third Party Cookies In addition to the cookies listed above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the Site. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing for credit card billing. In other cases, it is because our web pages may contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. To control cookies from those third parties, visit their sites. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising click here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note you will continue to receive generic ads. These third party cookies include:
- New Relic
- Google Analytics
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Zeddit maintains commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We encourage you to protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services, including not using the same passwords for the Services that you use with other accounts. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected] Children We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to Zeddit we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: [email protected]
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
In addition to the choices outlined in other parts of this statement, you also have control over the following: Email Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from Zeddit by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Zeddit projects or our ongoing business relationship. Applications. You can stop all collection of information by an Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit signals instructing websites and other online services to not track information. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do if they receive these signals. Zeddit currently does not respond to such browser signals or similar mechanisms instructing not to track information. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our position on responding to these signals. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit our Site or use the Zeddit Service. Social Media Widgets. As noted above, our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook and LinkedIn button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the third party providing it.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT Zeddit may change this statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified on your Account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You agree that your continued use of our Site, Applications or Services after such changes have been published to our statement will constitute
LEGAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Zeddit provides annual training for its employees involved in the collection, processing, and dissemination of customer information, and we inform all employees of the confidential nature of the data we collect or process. In addition, Zeddit’s internal policies and procedures provide for disciplinary action if our employees fail to follow this statement. We periodically self-assess and review these internal policies and procedures to review compliance. Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) Zeddit is headquartered in London, in the United Kingdom. If you are a resident of the EU and have questions about the collection of your personal information, our DPO can assist you. You may contact our DPO at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal Mail: Zeddit Limited, Attn: DPO, 77 New Cavendish Street, London, W1W 6XB, UK
- Telephone: +44 20 7097 7125
Zeddit’s Compliance Team and Dispute Resolution In compliance with the Principles, Zeddit commits to resolve any complaints about your privacy and our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding this statement or our compliance with Privacy Shield, you should first contact Zeddit at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Postal Mail: Zeddit Limited, Attn: DPO, 77 New Cavendish Street, London, W1W 6XB, UK